Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Saman

These stupid papers are the legal way used by the government to collect money from you whenever they ran out of money.

From left to right: Saman from Petaling Jaya, Penang, Kajang, Ipoh, Kuantan, and Penang (again)

In order to kapit that piece of chee-bye paper on your car windscreen, the government will have to build less parking spaces and parking ticket machines in a very populated area. For example, there will be only 5 parking lots in an area with 5 billion shops and offices.

This piece of paper is called parking offence ticket, or saman (Malay).

Until today, I already got 6 samans in 6 different places all over Peninsular Malaysia, all for parking offences such as:

1. Didn't show my parking coupons, tickets or whatever it is on my car dashboard (Different places different payment system, how the hell am I suppose to know?!)

2. Park at a yellow-lined roadside (Because there were not enough parking spaces available)

3. Park beside a road junction (Dangerous, I know, but imagine youself finding a parking space for more than 1 hour in a busy town, I'll say you have a very good patience if you keep finding)

4. Didn't pay for my parking fee (I got no coins ma...)

See... I have good reasons for all my offences. I don't understand why the enforcement bodies keep penalizing us normal citizens for minor offences whereas there are so many robbers, snatch thiefs, rapists, car thiefs or cold-blooded killers out there who live happily ever after?

Among all the samans that I got, the one from the Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya remains the most chee-bye saman.

Behold... on the left is the longest saman in Malaysia, don't play play

First of all, it was the longest saman I've ever got, I don't know why they wanted to print such long saman with all the contents of a law book printed on it. Stupid act number 1.

I got that saman because I parked at a yellow-lined roadside. Ok I admit that it's my fault because this may cause foerign investors to have bad impression on Malaysia thus causing a major economic downturn, but isn't it a bit too much to ask for RM100 for a parking offence? I can watch 10 movies at the cinema with that amount of money you know?! Stupid act number 2.


And one more thing, I think the people from the Majlis Bandaraya PJ who saman me must be stupid or he was sleeping while working, because he keyed in my car colour as unknown (tidak jelas). WTF?! Stupidest act ever.


Even a three years old can tell that my car is brown colour ok...

They should hire a smarter people next time.


2 comments:

oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin uk, nike outlet, nike free run, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors pas cher, nike air max, ugg boots, nike free, longchamp pas cher, air max, replica watches, uggs on sale, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike roshe, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, prada handbags, gucci handbags, replica watches

oakleyses said...

ferragamo shoes, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, bottega veneta, lancel, timberland boots, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, instyler, herve leger, insanity workout, nike huaraches, vans, hollister, nike air max, gucci, ray ban, oakley, lululemon, p90x workout, baseball bats, babyliss, hollister clothing, ghd hair, nike air max, mont blanc pens, valentino shoes, north face outlet, soccer shoes, ralph lauren, celine handbags, hollister, longchamp uk, nike roshe run, vans outlet, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, wedding dresses, louboutin, beats by dre, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, north face outlet, hermes belt, converse outlet, nike trainers uk, mac cosmetics, iphone cases