Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flashback: My first day in UNITEN


5 years ago, mid of June 2003, I stepped into another stage of my life. I decided to enroll in the accounting degree course offered by UNITEN Muadzam Shah.



My first day was exhausting as I had to go through a lot of intake procedures early in the morning like taking picture and some other paperwork along with hundreds of other new students.

In between the waiting time I was able to know some new friends but in the end I was only able to remember a few names as my tired brain cannot “process” so many names in a short period of time.

After all the troublesome procedures, I finally got my keys for my apartment room. I was so anxious about my new apartment because I’ve been to many other university provided apartments or dorms and they were like crap. It was a 1km journey from the old campus to my apartment so on the way there I was praying hard to every god that I can name in this world that the apartment room is in a good condition.

When I reached there I was glad that my prayers worked.




Not 5 star hotel standard but it's nice and clean


The apartment room is in tip top condition. It was brand new. I can still smell the new paint in the apartment.

Once I am into the apartment I went to the toilet and when I came out to wash my hands, I noticed something not quite right.


My unshaved face and messy hair, don't laugh ok.


I forgot to shave, and my hair was very messy as I slept in the car during the journey from KL to Muadzam Shah.

No wonder some people looked at me weirdly during the intake procedures session. And the most important is that I had that kind of messy face being taken as photo in my student ID card. Certainly not a good first impression.

My dad and my little brother helped me to unpack my things in my room while my mom started her “mom-talk” to me.




“Ah Yang ar… remember to drink more water, eat more fruits, eat more vegetables, do sports, cover your blanket at night, don’t get sick, remember to pang sai…”

My mom still giving "mom-talk" when my dad took her photo


I can tell that she was pretty worried at me being away from home for a long time. Luckily I listened to what she said and I graduated healthily.

After an hour, my family decided it was time to leave. Since that moment, I am on my own and started my studying life for 5 years in UNITEN.


My nightmare

No more nicely prepared hot Milo on the dining table every morning in Muadzam Shah.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah bird, just came out from the hutan after 5 years & u're recolleting every moment so soon?? miss the greens is it :)

Anonymous said...

But why for 5 years? isn't accounting degree uniten only 4 years? I'm just curious since I'm going to be a part of uniten pahang family soon taking accoungting degree but no basic in accounting at all.