Friday, May 9, 2008

Jobless

I finished my final exam on 4th April 2008, I still remember the feeling of sudden release of heavy burden off my shoulder. 5 years of university life finally came to an end, and I am officially a burden to the society as I am no longer a student. I am unemployed.

So with a strong determination of trying to achieve something in my future career in the accountancy field, I came to KL, a city full of accountants. I managed to get some interviews from the companies that I applied weeks ago.


The first week I set foot on KL is considered busy and hectic. I have to move all my things from my rented house in Muadzam Shah, Pahang to KL. After 5 years staying in Muadzam Shah, I never know that I have so many things. Since I can’t manage to carry all to KL so I threw away some of my stuff. My car was fully loaded, the car body was lowered few inches due to my heavy luggage.

Even the back seats were full of stuff


I rented a house near Ampang which is situated within walking distance to a LRT station because I figured that I maybe have to use LRT as a mean of transport to work in the future since I hate traffic jam so much.

After weeks of assessments and interviews with different companies, I finally managed to secure a job offer from the firm that I decided to join, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) as an audit associate. Before PwC offer me the job, I got a job offer from another audit firm, so I called the firm to reject their job offer. I talked nicely to the person-in-charge about it. But the conversation did not end well and went like this:

Leong: “Mr.C, I am sorry that I cannot accept your firm’s job offer.”

Mr.C: “Why?”

Leong: “Because I decided to accept another firm’s offer.”

Mr.C: “Why? They give you a lot of money ar?”

Leong: “I just want the greater exposure in the audit field that the firm offers.”

Mr.C: “How much they give you?”

Leong: “I also not sure because I haven’t receive their formal offer letter, I just being informed about the offer through phone.”

Mr.C: “You don’t know how much they offer then you accept it for what?!”
(Then he just suddenly cut me off)

I can say that the person is pretty tulan. Maybe his firm is short of manpower.

So here I am waiting for the intake session of PwC on 2nd of June, and I got one and a half month of holidays.

Some of my friends said that I should be happy because I can have such a long holidays, but for me, it’s not that happy at all. Major reason that caused my unhappiness is that I am short of money. I spent most of my savings for a 3 days 2 nights Tioman Island trip and the balance in my bank account is just enough for me to use on meals and other necessities for another 2 weeks.

With no money and a lot of time to spend, the only thing I can do is to stay at home, doing things that require the least money.

Sleeping.

2 comments:

~~yeethong~~ said...

Kenny Sia wannabe..haha..=P

Anonymous said...

haha i thought so too...kenny yang...