Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stupid Telekom Muadzam Shah

When I was studying at Muadzam Shah, me and my friends rented a house outside the campus of UNITEN. In order to get Internet connection, we had to apply for a telephone line for the house. So I used my name to apply for a telephone line, that’s where the trouble started.

Telekom office in Muadzam Shah is just a small office with not more than 5 employees. For me I think that 5 employees are more than enough to serve the whole Muadzam Shah residents. This is because every time I visited the office there, some employee will be SLEEPING inside a parked car under a tree, and some will be out for “makan kuih” time… Since the employees there can still manage to perform these kinds of “exciting” activities, I figured that the demand for their service is at a very low level.

At first I thought that my application for a telephone line will be processed fast, but no… it took them a whole week to process it and to set up my phone line.

Really opening up macam-macam stupid possibilities


After the phone line was fixed, I used the phone line to access Streamyx Internet without much problem.

But when I am graduating from UNITEN, with my last exam paper on 6th April 2008, the trouble of dealing with Telekom Muadzam Shah started again.

Since I will no longer staying in Muadzam Shah, I went to Telekom Muadzam Shah to cancel my telephone line on 7th April 2008 morning. I brought the rented telephone and all the required documents there and found out that the office was empty, maybe there were “busy”, yeah right. There is nothing that I can do but to go back and came back an hour later. To my surprise, the office was still empty on my second visit. Finally, it took me my fourth visit that I can meet with the person-in-charge.


Thanks to Telekom Muadzam Shah, I never imagine a telephone can bring me so much trouble


Luckily the line cancellation procedure was easy, so I managed to depart from Muadzam Shah to KL the day after.

I’ve been staying at KL for almost a month now, and guess what, Telekom Muadzam Shah still manage to piss me off with their latest piss-your-damn-customers-off marketing strategy. I can tell you, their damn strategy is really “good”.

I received a call a few days ago from Telekom Muadzam Shah and the man on the line said that my cancellation of telephone line is not yet processed. After hearing this I am shocked and angry, I am angry because I have to pay one more month of RM20 plus telephone rental charge for nothing. Trying hard not to yell at him, I asked him why. He told me that he didn’t receive the telephone and my documents.

I don’t know what to say, I am speechless for a moment. Then I told him that I already gave Telekom Muadzam Shah all the things that they wanted a month ago and I am now in KL. It’s his turn to become speechless. After a while, he told me that he will cancel my line immediately and I said thank you. The end.

Seriously, I don’t know what is his definition of “immediately”, but if I ever to receive telephone bills from Telekom Muadzam Shah again, I will definitely call and yell at them.


Or shoot their buttocks

Stupid Telekom Muadzam Shah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

agree with u. tm sucks

Anonymous said...

ha ha ... padan muko nko...

Anonymous said...

serves u right!!!hahaha